|Contact: Greg Akroyd (202) 367-1219; email@example.com
|What: The American Society for Bone and Mineral Research 30th Annual Meeting
|When: September 12-16, 2008
|Where: ASBMR Media Room, Palais des congrès de Montréal, Montréal, Quebéc, Canada
The ASBMR 30th Annual Meeting is the largest scientific meeting in the world on bone and mineral metabolism, offering an exceptional scientific program on innovative research, technology and new clinical treatments in bone diseases and disorders of mineral metabolism.
This year's Annual Meeting, held in Montréal, Quebéc , September 12-16, 2008, brings together more than 5,000 researchers and clinicians from over 60 countries.
The meeting includes lectures and symposia plus 1500 poster presentations and 300 oral presentations.
Highlights of the meeting will include:
- Clinical Debate: WHO FRAX Tool - Should It be Used on Patients with Low Bone Mass?
- Chaired by Robert A. Adler, M.D. Debated by Robert Lindsay, M.D., MBChB, Ph.D., FRCP and Steven R Cummings, M.D.
- ASBMR/ECTS Clinical Debate: Monitoring the Effects of Treatment of Osteoporosis - Is It Worthwhile?
- Co-Chaired by Rajesh Thakker, M.D. and Bess Dawson-Hughes, M.D. Debated by John Bilezikian, M.D. and Juliet Compston, M.D. , FRCP
- Louis V. Avioli Memorial Lecture: Bone Marrow Fat: Neighbor or Nemesis with Clifford Rosen, M.D.
- Gerald D. Aurbach Memorial Lecture: Architectural Basis of Tissue Specificity-Relationship Between Genome and 3D Structure with Mina Bissell, Ph.D.
- Plenary Symposiums
- 30th Annual Meeting Anniversary Symposium: Bone and Mineral Research - Past, Present and Future
- Co-Chaired by Paula Stern , Ph.D. and Thomas John Martin, M.D. Speakers include Lawrence G. Raisz, M.D., John Potts, M.D. and Patricia Ducy, Ph.D.
- Children's Bone Health - Regulation of Bone Mass Accrual
- Co-Chaired by Catherine M. Gordon , M.D., MS and Thomas Carpenter, M.D. Speakers include Christopher S. Kovacs , M.D., Frank Rauch , M.D., Jean-Philippe Bonjour , M.D., Heather McKay , Ph.D. and Henry M. Kronenberg , M.D.
- Stem Cells
- Co-Chaired by Jane Aubin, Ph.D. and Paulo Bianco, M.D. Speakers include Tsvee Lapidot, Ph.D., Linheng Li, Ph.D. and Shigeaki Kato, Ph.D.
For registration information, please contact Greg Akroyd at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ASBMR Annual Meeting is the pre-eminent scientific meeting on bone and mineral metabolism. More than 5,000 participants are expecte d to attend the September 16-19 meeting, where nearly 1,800 scientific abstracts are presented. The ASBMR is the premier professional, scientific an d me dical society established to promote excellence in bone and mineral research and to facilitate the translation of that research into clinical practice. The ASBMR has a membership of nearly 4,000 physicians, basic research scientists, and clinical investigators. To learn more about the Society and the fiel d of bone and mineral research, visit the ASBMR website at www.asbmr.org.