We need you! ASBMR volunteers play an active role in developing and leading the worldwide research agenda in bone, mineral and musculoskeletal science. Nominate yourself or a colleague for a leadership position to actively contribute to ASBMR’s strategic goals, develop crucial leadership skills and make important career connections.
The ASBMR Nominating Committee is seeking candidates for President-Elect and Councilors (three positions) to go on the ballot in the summer of 2016, with positions to begin in the fall of 2016.
The Committee is also seeking candidates for appointment to committees, to begin in the fall of 2016, including:
- Advocacy and Science Policy (one Chair, three members)
- Development (three members)
- Ethics Advisory (two members)
- Finance (one member)
- Membership Engagement and Education (One Chair, three members)
- Professional Practice (two members)
- Publications (One Chair, three members)
- Women in Bone and Mineral Research (three members)
View the committee charges.
In addition, ASBMR is seeking representatives to the following Federation of American Societies of Experimental Biology (FASEB) subcommittees. Selected candidates will serve three year terms immediately following appointment in the Summer of 2016. Click here for more information about these committees.
- Breakthroughs in Bioscience Subcommitteee
- Data Science and Informatics Subcommittee
- Shared Research Resources Subcommittee
- Training and Career Resources Subcommittee
- Clinical and Translational Research Subcommittee
ASBMR strives for diversity with respect to Council and Committee membership and specifically encourages international members and young investigators to nominate others or self-nominate.
To nominate a colleague, please send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Name of Individual
- Position Being Nominated For
- Email address of Individual
- Reason for Nomination (you can include a formal leterr of nomination if you wish)
To self-nominate or to submit your materials after being nominated by another, please click below and complete the nomination form. *Please note that you must be logged-in to the ASBMR website to complete the form.
Nomination materials must be submitted by March 18, 2016.
Thank you for your participation in this important process. We value your interest in serving your Society and advancing the field of bone and mineral metabolism!
Questions? Call the ASBMR Business office at +1 (202) 367-1161 or email firstname.lastname@example.org