Membership Engagement and Education Committee
The committee aims to nurture and develop young and mid-career investigators, consider their career development needs, and develop member loyalty to and participation in ASBMR through the following activities
- Advise on programming to help early career investigators transition to independent research careers.
- Provide educational content recommendations to the Science Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) that would be helpful to ASBMR members.
- Provide programming recommendations to the Annual Meeting Program Committee that address the needs of young and mid-career investigators.
- Promote retention of current members through engagement in ASBMR activities.
- Advise on matters involving young and mid-level investigators.
Nicola Napoli, M.D., Chairperson
Susan Bloomfield, Ph.D.
Ching-Lung Cheung, Ph.D.
Claire Edwards, Ph.D.
Gordon L. Klein, M.D., MPH
Beate Lecka-Czernik, Ph.D.
Christa Maes, Ph.D.
Ernestina Schipani, M.D., Ph.D.
Johannes van Leuuwen, Ph.D., Council Liaison
Douglas Fesler, Staff Liaison
Lauren Taggart, Staff Liaison
Lauren Strup, Staff Liaison
Jennifer Trotter, Staff Liaison