Membership Engagement and Education Committee
The committee aims to nurture and develop young and mid-career investigators, consider their career development needs, and develop member loyalty to and participation in ASBMR through the following activities
- Advise on programming to help early career investigators transition to independent research careers.
- Provide educational content recommendations to the Science Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) that would be helpful to ASBMR members.
- Provide programming recommendations to the Annual Meeting Program Committee that address the needs of young and mid-career investigators.
- Promote retention of current members through engagement in ASBMR activities.
- Advise on matters involving young and mid-level investigators.
Melissa Kacena, Ph.D., Co-Chairperson
Stavroula Kousteni, Ph.D., Co-Chairperson
Susan Bloomfield, Ph.D.
Claire Edwards, Ph.D.
Howard Fink, M.D., MPH
Gordon Klein, M.D., MPH
Christa Maes, Ph.D.
Nicola Napoli, M.D.
Ernestina Schipani, M.D., Ph.D.
Sakae Tanaka, M.D., Ph.D.
Joy Wu, M.D., Ph.D.
Bo Abrahamsen, M.D., Ph.D., Council Liaison
Sarah Dickey, Staff Liaison
Kirsten Mills, Staff Liaison