Women in Bone and Mineral Research
This committee is charged with mentoring women in the Society with respect to career advancement, academic promotions, combining a career with family, etc.
- Identify future leaders of the Society and mentor them for positions on committees, speakers, moderators and session chairs at the ASBMR Annual Meeting, candidates for esteemed awards and leadership positions.
- Nominate women for committees, awards and leadership positions in the Society.
- Organize an informational/social function at the ASBMR Annual Meeting (if meeting schedule and budget permit).
- Develop and maintain a web page linked to the ASBMR website that serves as a resource for information related to women’s careers in biomedical science.
- Monitor the success of the committee by measuring the: a) participation of women in ASBMR symposia and committees, b) number of committee and leadership nominees, award recipients and speakers, c) use of the web page.
Roberta Faccio, Ph.D., Chairperson
Sharon Brennan-Olsen, Ph.D.
Fjola Johannesdottir, Ph.D.
Patricia Juarez Camacho, Ph.D., M.S.
Lamya Karim, Ph.D.
Jenneke Klein-Nulend, Ph.D.
Kim Mansky, Ph.D.
Barbara Obermayer-Pietsch, M.D.
Allison Pettit, Ph.D.
Michaela Reagan, Ph.D.
Archana Sanjay, Ph.D.
Kate Ward, Ph.D., Council Liaison
Lauren Taggart, Staff Liaison
Lauren Strup, Staff Liaison
To learn more about the Women's Committee members, click here