Deadline: May 5, 2017
ASBMR Young Investigator Awards for Ph.D. Training
The ASBMR Young Investigator Awards for the European Calcified Tissue Society (ECTS) Ph.D. Training Course will cover registration and travel to attend the ECTS Ph.D. Training Course.
About the ECTS Ph.D. Training Course
When: July 8-11, 2017
Where: Centre International de Séjour Kellermann, Paris, France
ECTS offers a four-day training course for Ph.D. students and faculty each year, covering basic and clinical bone science. The aims of the course are:
- To promote knowledge about physiology and pathology of bone and calcium metabolism
- To promote knowledge about methods in bone research
- To promote networking between European PhD students in the bone field
For more information about the ECTS Ph.D. Training Course, visit the ECTS website.
Amount of Each Award: Registration (including meals and accommodations) and travel to the course location (approximate value: $1,800 USD).
Number of Awards: Five awards will be given in 2017.
Award Designation: The award will cover the ECTS Ph.D. Training Course registration fee (including meals and accommodations) and travel to and from the course location. The course will be held at Centre International de Séjour Kellermann in Paris, France.
- Must be an ASBMR member (U.S. or International) in good standing (applicants must be an ASBMR member during the application and award process.)
- Must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program.
- Ph.D. project must involve research in the field of bone or calcium metabolism.
- Ph.D. students will be required to prepare either a short oral or poster presentation. After registration, the organizers will inform students on their presentation method.
- Completed Nomination Form
- The nomination form will require that you upload the following documents:
- Letter of Support from Mentor (sponsoring applicant’s research.)
- Nominee’s current curriculum vitae (CV) – Please provide no more than 2 pages, (follow NIH style formatting for biographical sketch.)
- Statement Regarding Long Term Career Goals (provide one page summary stating career direction and how this award would impact your career *single spaced.)
- Degree Program (including date started and anticipated complete date)
- Title of Thesis
Please note: All requirements must be met to submit a completed application. Applications that are not complete will not be reviewed. Preference will be given to North American-based applicants.
The deadline to apply is Friday, May 5th, 2017.
Contact Information: For questions about the award, please contact the ASBMR Business Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (202) 367-1161.
Past Young Investigator Awardees for the ECTS Ph.D. Training Course