May 28 - June 1, 2017
12th ICCBMT Conference
This Conference, which has been held every three years since 1980, is one of the most important scientific gatherings in the mineralization field. The meeting emphasizes a wealth of physicochemical, biological and clinical topics concerning mineralization processes in vertebrate and invertebrate species. These include, but are not limited to: cell and molecular biology of mineralized tissue formation, hormone and cytokine regulation of mineralized tissues, signaling pathways, structure and function of extracellular components of mineralized tissues, model systems of biomineralization, disorders and pathology of mineralized tissues and development of therapeutic approaches, and, new technologies for studying crystal structure and formation.
The previous meeting of this series took place 2013 in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin and had sessions on:
- Microstructural Characterization and Molecular Analysis of Mineralized Tissues
- Animal and Disease Models of Mineralization
- Mineralization Mechanisms in Non-Mammalian Systems
- New Approaches to Investigation of Cell Lineage and Mineral Phase of Calcified Tissues
- Osteoblasts and Osteocytes
- Functional Dynamics of Dental Pulp Cells
- Role of Non-collagenous Proteins in Mineralization
- Amelogenesis- Gene Expression and Proteins
- Structure and Function of Dentinal Proteins
- Mineralized Tissue Engineering
- Clinical Translation Studies
We would like the 12th ICCBMT Conference to be as exciting and successful as the previous ones. We expect a lively exchange between all the disciplines from the medical, biological, chemical, physical and engineering sciences involved in research on biomineralization and mineralizing tissues. Particular emphasis will be put on attracting and educating junior scientists in the area. We look forward seeing you 2017 in Potsdam, Germany.
This event does not offer CME.
Anne George, Ariane Berdal, Peter Fratzl
International Conference on the Chemistry and Biology of Mineralized Tissues