August 22 - 24, 2019
XIII Cumbre Iberoamericana de Osteologia y Metabolismo Mineral, XII Congreso Panameño de Osteoporosis
Topics of the Congress:
- Advances in bone and muscle physiology and pathology.
- Practical utility of biochemical markers.
- Myths and realities of FRAX.
- Desintometry and TBS as support in the management of oteoporosis.
- The importance of who, when, how and until when to deal.
- Utility of the bone-muscle unit in the elderly "Practical Vision".
- What we should never forget when improving bone mass.
- Oncology and bone care.
- Cardiovascular risk and its relationship with low bone mass.
- Orthogeriatry (importance and real value).
- What to do and what not to do when we evaluate osteoporosis and sarcopenia.
- Bone as an endocrine organ.
- Bone as an immune organ.
- Muscle as a secretory organ.
- Osteoporosis in childhood (how to diagnose and what to do).
- Osteoporosis related to frequent use of drugs.
- Osteoporosis related to frequent diseases (diabetes, liver cirrhosis, renal disease, rheumatic fever).
- From the past to the present in hormone replacement treatment.
- What's new with SERMS.
- Hormone D more than a Vitamin.
- Vitamin D effects on muscle, bone and extraskeletal
- Orthopedic solutions in osteopororis (new advances).
- Commitment of the orthopedist in the fragility fracture.
- Challenges in the management of fragility fracture.
- Ostearthritis (new classification and new drugs).
- Osteoarthritis how to diagnose and manage it properly.
- Appropriate management of pain in osteoarthritis.
- Importance of collagen in osteoarticular diseases and sarcopenia
- What is new in the management of sarcopenia.
- Bisphosphonates myths and realities.
- Osteoformadores an imperative necessity.
- Nutrition and exercise in the care of the muscle-bone unit.
- The importance and position of biological products in osteoporosis.
Bone and muscle disorders in the diabetic (practical application).
Management of osteoporosis and fractures.
Orthogeriatry and its current importance.
Legal implications for not treating otesopororis.
TBS (myths, realities and their future).
Sleep apnea and osteoporosis.
Bariatric surgery and bone injury.
Use of calcium myths and realities
Estrogen-Bone-Muscle Biological Relationship
Estrogen Combination Therapy / SERMS
SERMS and Fracture Prevention
This event does not offer CME.
Megapolis Convention Center