MARC Travel Awards Announced for 2012 ASBMR Annual Meeting
Date: September 18, 2012
Seven young investigators have received FASEB’s MARC (Maximizing Access to Research Careers) Program travel awards to attend the ASBMR Annual Meeting in Minneapolis, MN from Oct. 12-16, 2012.
The award intends to promote the representation of minority students, postdoctorates and scientists into the mainstream science community and to encourage participation of young scientists at the ASBMR Annual Meeting. The program is funded by a grant from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences, National Institutes of Health.
Congratulations to the seven recipients:
- Dr. Tunde Akinyeke, New York University
- Marcus Elam, The Florida State University
- Dr. Pierre Eleniste, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
- Tomas Meijome, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
- Dr. Paul Okagbare, University of Michigan
- Edek Williams, Rutgers University
- Dr. Nicole Wright, University of Alabama at Birmingham