ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FAQs
ASBMR 2013 Annual Meeting
Abstract Submission Deadline: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 5:00 pm EDT
1. What is my user name and password?
For ASBMR members, it is your member login and password. If you are a nonmember or non-registered user of the ASBMR website, you will need to create a new account by clicking “create new account” on the homepage of the ASBMR Abstract Center. If you have forgotten your password, click on “forgot your password” on the login page and follow the instructions.
2. What is the submission fee?
$55. You may pay with Visa, MasterCard, or AMEX. If you need to pay using a different mechanism, please contact the ASBMR Business Office at +1 (202)367-1161.
3. Do I need a sponsor for my abstract?
Yes. ASBMR policy requires that each abstract be sponsored by a current member of the ASBMR. Members may sponsor only one abstract including their own.
4. What if I do not have a sponsor for the abstract?
You or another co-author will need to join the ASBMR. For information on how to apply for membership, visit the ASBMR website at www.asbmr.org and click on “Join ASBMR” at the bottom right corner.
5. I just submitted an application for membership, may I sponsor my own abstract?
Yes, but only after your membership has been processed. If you have not submitted an application for membership and are interested in becoming an ASBMR member, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and ASBMR staff will contact you concerning this request. Membership applications are processed in 3-5 business days.
6. Can I be the primary author on more than one abstract?
Yes. You may be the primary and/or co-author on an unlimited number of abstracts.
7. Both of my abstracts were selected to be oral presentations at the meeting, can I present them both?
Yes. You can have more than one oral presentation, but the Program Committee may decide to limit the number of orals above two.
8. My colleague’s abstract was picked to be an oral presentation, but he cannot speak English very well. Can he still try to present?
No. The presenting author must be fluent in English. If none of the authors are fluent in English, you need to select “Poster Only” from the drop down menu in the “Additional Information” section in the Abstract Center.
9. I have submitted my abstract as a manuscript to another Journal. Can I still submit my abstract to ASBMR?
Yes. If your abstract will be published in print prior to Wednesday, April 10, 2013, you may still submit the abstract for presentation; however, you must check “Poster Only” in the “Additional Information” section in the Abstract Center.
10. How do I submit my abstract to the ASBMR Symposium: Cutting Edge Discoveries in Muscle Biology, Disease, and Therapeutics?
Abstracts submitted to the Annual Meeting in the muscle biology and muscle and bone interactions categories will also be considered for poster presentation at this one-day symposium. The symposium will be held on Thursday, October 3, one day prior to the ASBMR 2013 Annual Meeting.
11. I presented my abstract at another meeting, may I still submit the abstract to ASBMR?
Yes. However, the following guidelines apply to previously presented abstracts:
a) Abstracts presented orally or as a poster at a prior ASBMR meeting may not be submitted for either poster or oral presentation.
b) Abstracts that have received wide exposure may not be submitted for an oral presentation at an ASBMR meeting and should be marked “Poster Only” upon submission.
Wide exposure is defined as an abstract presentation (poster or oral) at major U.S. national, other national and international meetings.
Previously presented abstracts (poster or oral) still qualify for oral presentation at the ASBMR Annual Meeting if they were presented at focused workshops and symposia such as: Gordon Conferences, Advances in Mineral Metabolism, ASBMR Topical Meetings, and Keystone Symposia.
12. What does the 2500 character limit for my abstract include?
This includes all letters and spaces within the text of your abstract. Tables and graphics are not included in the character limit.
13. How do I upload my table if it is not an image file?
You must copy and paste your table into the Paint program (or another image program) on your computer and save it as a .jpg, .jpeg, .png, or .gif file.
14. How do I change the order of the authors listed on the abstract?
You may change the order of the authors by clicking on the area to the right of the author's name (where the cursor becomes two crossed arrows) and dragging the name up or down into the preferred sequence.
Please direct any additional questions regarding your abstract submission to the ASBMR at +1 (202) 367-1161 or email@example.com.