Register for the Career Development Webinar: “Unpacking Mentorship: How to Find, Utilize, and Build Mentor Relationships in the Bone, Mineral and Musculoskeletal Community” on Tuesday, December 12th!
Date: December 07, 2017
ASBMR invites you to join us for “Unpacking Mentorship: How to Find, Utilize, and Build Mentor Relationships in the Bone, Mineral and Musculoskeletal Community” co-hosted by Dr. Jonathan Lowery (ASBMR Early Stage Investigator Subcommittee Co-Chair) and Mr. Diarra Williams (recipient of the 2017 ASBMR Diversity Travel Grant and a winner of the 2017 ASBMR Diversity Poster Competition) on Tuesday, December 12th at 1:00 PM EST. Each presenter will share their experiences with mentor and mentee relationships, covering a range of issues such as being a mentor and mentee, career challenges and transitions that mentorship has helped them face, and advice they would give to those looking to make the most out of a mentorship. Attendees of the webinar can expect to enhance their knowledge in these areas:
- Finding a mentor: How to choose a mentor that fits your needs
- Focus: How to choose discussion topics that lead to success
- Listening: How to be an active listener to get the most out of your mentee/mentor
- Expanding your network: How to build off each relationship to move your career forward
- Technology: How to utilize various online platforms as a tool for mentorship
Dr. Lowery and Mr. Williams will also be answering any questions you have, so please take this short survey when you register to submit your questions in advance! Registration is free so sign up today!