The ASBMR Annual Meeting is the world’s largest and most diverse meeting in the bone, mineral and musculoskeletal research field, attracting more than 3,000 attendees from more than 70 countries, including clinicians and researchers, representing all career levels and specializing in a variety of disciplines.
Highlights of the Meeting:
- ASBMR Symposium
- Each year, a new topic is selected for this special symposium that brings together thought leaders one day prior to the Annual Meeting for an in-depth discussion. The 2021 ASBMR Symposium on Biology of the Aging Skeleton – Implications for Fracture Prevention , will bring together biologists, biomechanical engineers, imaging specialists, epidemiologists and clinicians to discuss the treatment for aging and bone.
- Discovery Hall
- The ASBMR Discovery Hall, our exhibition hall, provides attendees with a truly immersive experience, with access to new science, new knowledge, new tools, and new contacts all in one location. Browse through 1,100 poster presentations or take part in a guided Poster Tour with prominent scientists in the bone field; connect with colleagues in the ASBMR Networking Lounge; and explore the newest products and services from the most innovative exhibitors.
- Education Program
- The ASBMR Annual Meeting boasts nearly 100 education sessions and 1,000 poster presentations in four information-filled days. Upon returning home from the meeting, attendees will be able to discuss with confidence the most current and significant advances in biomedical and clinical research, and develop and apply new and enhanced strategies for treatment and care of patients.
- Hands-on Workshops, led by experts in the field, explore the latest technologies and research tools using model datasets, allowing you to gain practical insight and tips you can immediately utilize in your own research.
- Meet-the-Professor Sessions provide an opportunity to interact with experts in an intimate setting and discuss specific clinical and research topics.
- Young Investigator Opportunities
- ASBMR is the perfect forum for young researchers to network and grow their career. Each year, the Annual Meeting features networking and social events open exclusively to young investigators and ASBMR offers travel grants and awards to students/trainees.
- Networking with Colleagues in the Field
- Aside from the science, ASBMR’s Annual Meeting is the best place to mingle face-to-face with peers from all over the world! Scheduled receptions occur daily and the ASBMR Networking Lounge is open during Discovery Hall hours.
The American Society for Bone and Mineral Research encourages and promotes research in the bone, mineral and musculoskeletal field, works to translate this research into clinical care, and communicates to and connects a worldwide audience within and beyond bone research.