ASBMR is pleased to once again support the development of our young investigators by offering ten ASBMR Young Investigator Awards to virtually attend the four-day training ECTS and GEMSTONE COST-Action Digital Masterclass for Ph.D. Students, Trainees, and Young Investigators. The awards will specifically cover the registration fee.
Currently a Ph.D Student or Early Career Investigator? Apply today for an opportunity to attend the most innovative and successful course in the bone field!
ASBMR members – do you know a Ph.D. student or postdoc who would benefit from this course? Encourage them to apply today!
About the 2021 ECTS and GEMSTONE COST-Action Digital Masterclass for Ph.D. Students, Trainees and Young Investigators
When: August 24-27, 2021
For the second year in a row, ECTS in conjunction with GEMSTONE COST-Action, is offering young investigators in the bone community with an innovative digital event featuring interactive workshops, mentoring sessions, and opportunities for participants to present their research and receive feedback.
The aims of the course are:
- To promote knowledge about physiology and pathology of bone and calcium metabolism
- To promote knowledge about methods in bone research
- To promote networking between Ph.D. students in the bone field
At the end of the course, participants should:
- Understand bone biology, the interaction and communication between bone and other tissues, transcriptional control of bone cells and bone cell signaling
- Have knowledge of the cutting edge technology
- Be able to present and discuss their PhD project (Ph.D. students only)
For more information about the ECTS Digital Masterclass, visit the ECTS website.
Amount of Each Award: The award will cover registration costs.
Number of Awards: Ten awards will be given in 2021.
Award Designation: The award will cover the ECTS Digital Masterclass registration fee.
- Must be a current ASBMR member (U.S. or International residing outside of Europe) in good standing (applicants must be an ASBMR member during the application and award process.)
- Must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program or within 8 years of completing a Ph.D. Program.
- Currently involved in research in the bone or calcium metabolism field.
- Award recipients currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program will be required to prepare a short oral presentation or poster presentation and present it virtually.
- Completed Application Form
- Applicants must list their Degree Program in the Application (If Ph.D. student, include start date and anticipated date of program completion; If Early Career Investigator, include graduation date from a Ph.D. program in the past 8 years)
- The application form will require applicants upload the following documents:
- Current curriculum vitae (CV) – Please provide no more than 2 pages and follow NIH style formatting for the CV/biographical sketch.
- A 1-2 page proposal explaining why attending the meeting would support your research career.
Please note: All requirements must be met to submit a completed application. Applications that are not complete will not be reviewed.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, June 11, 2021
Contact Information: For questions about the award, please contact the ASBMR Business Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (202) 367-1161.