The ASBMR Awards for the European Calcified Tissue Society (ECTS) Ph.D. Training Course will cover registration to attend the ECTS Ph.D. Training Course.
About the ECTS Ph.D. Training Course
When: July 4-7, 2022
Where: Nice, France
ECTS offers a four-day training course for Ph.D. students and faculty each year, covering basic and clinical bone science. The aims of the course are:
- To promote knowledge about physiology and pathology of bone and calcium metabolism
- To promote knowledge about methods in bone research
- To promote networking between PhD students in the bone field
For more information about the ECTS Ph.D. Training Course, visit the ECTS website.
Number of Awards: Five awards will be given in 2022.
Award Detail: The award will cover the ECTS Ph.D. Training Course registration fee (including meals and accommodations). The award DOES NOT provide travel support which is the responsibility of the attendee.
- Must be a current ASBMR member (U.S. or International) in good standing (applicants must be an ASBMR member during the application and award process.)
- Priority given to individuals who are currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program.
- Ph.D. project must involve research in the field of bone or calcium metabolism.
- Ph.D. students will be required to prepare either a short oral or poster presentation. After registration, the organizers will inform students on their presentation method.
- Completed Nomination Form
- The nomination form will require that you upload the following documents:
- Letter of Support from Mentor (sponsoring applicant’s research)
- Nominee’s current curriculum vitae (CV) – Please provide no more than 2 pages (follow NIH style formatting for biographical sketch)
- Statement Regarding Long Term Career Goals (provide one-page summary, single spaced, stating career direction and how this award would impact your career)
- Degree Program (including date started and anticipated complete date)
- Title of Thesis
Deadline: The application deadline for the 2022 ECTS Ph.D. Training Course Awards has passed. Please check back in 2023 for next year's application cycle.
Please note: All requirements must be met to submit a completed application. Applications that are not complete will not be reviewed.
Contact Information: For questions about the award, please contact the ASBMR Business Office at email@example.com or +1 (202) 367-1161.