Make the ASBMR Your Scientific Home
Become a member of the ASBMR to expand your network, get exposure, grow in your career and get access to all these benefits:
Take advantage of free online access to the latest and most comprehensive research through our distinguished publications:
- The highest-ranked bone journal with an impact factor of 5.711, the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research (JBMR®), publishes cutting-edge musculoskeletal research.
- $600 savings on page fee charges when publishing with JBMR®, which includes unlimited color figures ($1,800 for non-members). As membership that includes the print and online editions of JBMR® costs only $285, this benefit alone is worth the price of signing up.
- Our new, open-access sister journal to JBMR®, JBMR® Plus, is a rapidly-responsive and innovative home for new discoveries.
- A 15% discount on article publication charges (APC) for publication in JBMR® Plus (Editor-in-Chief, Peter Ebeling), which publishes original research, reviews, detailed protocols and methods, and special articles in basic, translational, and clinical science in the field that are free to read, download, and share (APC for non-members is $2,500).
- The Primer on Metabolic Bone Disease and Disorders of Mineral Metabolism has been the most-respected reference for physicians and researchers for over 30 years.
If funding is the only thing holding you back from your next breakthrough, ASBMR is here to help. Through our various research grant programs, ASBMR provides over $500,000 a year in funding to help members succeed in their research careers.
- Travel awards to attend small-format meetings where you can discuss the latest science and make meaningful connections with other ASBMR members
- Travel awards that support attendance at scientific events throughout the world
- Rising Star Award Program for promising young scientists and physician-scientists
- ASBMR Fund for Research and Education Research Grants to address unique member needs
- And more!
Members save up to $350 on Annual Meeting registration and are eligible to sponsor an abstract, but did you know that as a member of ASBMR, you’re also eligible for:
- Young Investigator: 75 grants of $500 each
- Young Investigator Diversity: 6 grants of $500 each
- Young Investigator Emerging Country: 6 grants of $750 each
- Mid-Career Faculty: 20 grants of $500 each
- Research Team: 5 grants of $1,000-$1,500 each
- Family Care Travel Grant: 20 grants of $400 each
- Young Investigator: 50 awards of $1,000 each
- ASBMR Fund for Research and Education Young Investigator Awards: 2 awards of $1,000 each
- Phoebe Leboy Professional Development (for emerging country female investigators): 1 award of up to $2,000
Here’s how you can tap into a new network of colleagues:
During the Annual Meeting, head to the Networking Lounge in the Discovery Hall to connect with colleagues in person
Join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to make digital connections with colleagues across the world
Complete your member profile and explore the member directory to find your next research partner or mentor
|| Be on the lookout: whether speaking or attending, you’re sure to find a group of ASBMR members at every major scientific meeting
|Full Member with Print JBMR®
||Full Member with Online JBMR®
||Full Member Emerging Country with Online JBMR®
||In-Training with Online JBMR®
|Terminal Degree (e.g. MD, PhD, etc.)
|Publication in the Field of Bone and Mineral Metabolism*
|Confirmation from Mentor Documenting Applicant's In-Training Status
*Full member applicants without a publication in the field may still apply for membership by including with their application an explanation for no publication in the field.
ASBMR membership runs from January to December. All memberships expire on December 31. ASBMR does not provide pro-rated membership rates. Please contact the business office at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.