- Search for a Mentor/Mentee
- Review Search Results
- Send Invitations
- Invitations Received
- If your ASBMR membership is current, click on 'Member Access' on the left navigation, log into ASBMR (if you haven't already), then click the button which will take you to the MentorCity platform.
- Download the MentorCity App at the App Store or Google Play. Also, you can use the browser on any device, tablet or computer.
- Visit https://mentorcity.com/en/sign_in or click on Login
- Enter your email address.
- Enter your password. If you have forgotten your password – click on Forgot Password.
- Under the Profile menu item, click on ‘Edit profile’ and complete the following sections:
- Basic Information - It is strongly recommended that you import your profile from LinkedIn.
- Employment - Include your employment experience.
- Competencies – rate the areas that you would like to develop and those that you are strong in.
4) Search for a Mentor/Mentee
- Click on Find Mentor or Find Mentee.
- Search based on the criteria that are important to you, such as specialized skills/development areas, institutional affiliation, research field/area of interest, and languages.
- Tip: Select only one or two criteria when starting your search and then refine your search by adding other necessary criteria as you go along.
5) Review Search Results
- Review mentors' or mentees' profiles that return from your search criteria to determine a good fit.
- Tip: The more orange 'M's under a person in the search results, the more compatible they are with you. Example:
= Less compatible with you
= More compatible with you
6) Send Invitations
- Send your selected mentor or mentee a message explaining why you would like to establish a mentoring relationship with them and then wait for a response.
7) Invitations Received
- If you have received an email notification from a potential mentor or mentee, click on the link to view the invitation, review the message as well as the person’s profile and then accept or decline the invitation.
- Once your mentoring relationship is established, schedule meetings by syncing your calendars or by using the ‘Send Message’ section on the platform.
- Syncing your calendars:
Note: By syncing your calendar, MentorCity will only capture and share when you are busy and when you are free; your mentor/mentee will not be able to see the details of your calendar.
- Using 'Send Message' on the platform:
- Tip: The mentoring relationship page can also be used throughout your relationship to: complete a mentoring agreement outlining the expectations of the relationship, post agendas, set goals, ask/respond to questions in-between meetings, record time spent and the number of meetings, upload files, take notes, review content on how to have successful relationships, and fill in a program evaluation at the end of the relationship detailing how you benefited from the relationship.
- Another way to communicate is through Join Meeting, a feature where you can conduct voice calls with your Mentor/Mentee right through the MentorCity system. You can find this feature on the relationships tab. Please click here for full instructions on how to make or receive a call.
- Under the Resources menu item, you will find a wide range of resources such as tips for mentors, tips for mentees, an e-book on mentoring, guidance on communications, and more.
- Under the Resources menu item, click the blue box for 'Discussions' to see topics created by other ASBMR members or to create a topic of your own. This is where ASBMR members can ask questions to all members, share ideas, experiences, strategies, and resources for developing their skills.