Opportunity to Serve as Abstract Reviewers and Oral Session Moderators at ASBMR 2019!
Date: January 18, 2018
We need your expertise! The ASBMR Scientific Program Committee is seeking members who are willing to serve as abstract reviewers and oral session moderators for the ASBMR 2019 Annual Meeting, September 20-23 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida, USA.
As an exclusive benefit of ASBMR membership, we invite you to take advantage of this opportunity to engage with fellow researchers, physicians and experts in the bone, mineral, and musculoskeletal field by completing the volunteer form no later than Tuesday, February 12.
Fair and thoughtful selection of the abstracts for presentation at the meeting is of utmost importance in preserving the academic excellence and leadership role of our society. As an abstract reviewer, you must:
- Review and score approximately 50-100 abstracts
- Confirm agreement to keep the abstracts' contents confidential and disclose any conflicts
- Be an expert in the assigned review category(s)
- Be available for the review period. This is currently scheduled for late April through early May 2019
Oral Session Moderators
Abstracts selected as oral presentations represent the most highly rated science submitted to the Annual Meeting. As a session moderator, you must:
- Be available to attend the ASBMR 2019 Annual Meeting
- Ensure the session you are chairing starts and ends on time and that each oral presenter limits his or her talk to the designated time allotment
- Facilitate question and answer between the audience and the presenter when necessary
If you are interested in serving in either capacity, please click on the button below to complete this form by Tuesday, February 12. The ASBMR Scientific Program Committee will review all volunteer submissions. Invitations for abstract reviewers will be sent in March and invitations for moderators will be sent in June.
Questions? Feel free to reach out to the ASBMR Business Office at +1 (202) 367-1161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.