Help Spread the Word!
On World Osteoporosis Day, October 20, 2019, we want to share the message that secondary fractures are preventable. We encourage you to use the hashtag #No2ndFracture with tweets and posts of your own, or you can copy and paste the ready-made tweets and posts below!
Share this graphic:
Save the image above to download and add it to your tweet/post.
- Just released: Patients 65 years or older with a hip or spine fracture should be treated for #osteoporosis. Learn more: http://ow.ly/1Cff30mbWG5 @ASBMR #No2ndFracture
- #Osteoporosis causes 2 million fractures in the U.S. alone. What should health care professionals do differently? New clinical recommendations show how to close the treatment gap. Learn more at http://ow.ly/1Cff30mbWG5 @ASBMR #No2ndFracture
- Did you know that #osteoporosis is one of the most costly to Medicare and it causes more than 2 million fractures per year? http://ow.ly/oemB30mdbgv @ASBMR #No2ndFracture
- 43% of hospitalizations for elderly women are fracture-related. Learn how to prevent them here: http://ow.ly/1Cff30mbWG5 @ASBMR #No2ndFracture
Save a chart above to download and add it to your tweet to make it more compelling!
Post this on Facebook:
- One in two elderly people who fracture a hip never functions the same again and one in four of them must move to a nursing home. Another one in four dies within the first year. But new clinical recommendations were just released to help change this. Learn more about #osteoporosis at: http://ow.ly/dU4L30mbWSJ @The American Society for Bone and Mineral Research #No2ndFracture
- Did you know that only 23% of patients receive #osteoporosis medication after a hip fracture to prevent another one? Check out these new clinical recommendations – a roadmap for treatment to prevent a second break: http://ow.ly/1Cff30mbWG5 @The American Society for Bone and Mineral Research #No2ndFracture
Share these videos!
Hear how osteoporotic fractures have had a personal impact on ASBMR members and their families.
Copy and paste this link to share the Impact of Fractures on Family video above: http://ow.ly/OkYo30mcVMs
Copy and paste this link to share the Living with a Fracture video above: http://ow.ly/gqQk30mcUZc