As a member of ASBMR, we would like to personally invite you to participate in an exciting new virtual mentorship program that the ASBMR is pilot-testing.
Through this pilot program, ASBMR members all over the world will engage in regular, one-on-one interactions with their mentors and mentees. We estimate that your time commitment to participate in this initiative will range from 30 to 60 minutes per week for twelve weeks, with the interactions with your mentor/mentee occurring via e-mail, telephone or video chat.
We have chosen MentorCity to facilitate this program, and through this platform participants can:
- Choose to be a mentor, mentee, or both, regardless of your career stage!
- Receive a compatibility score for each potential mentor/mentee to guide you to the perfect match!
- Use search criteria to filter potential matches based on specialized skills/development areas, institutional affiliation, research field/area of interest, and language!
- Import your profile from LinkedIn, saving you time in building your profile!
- Sync with your Outlook/Google calendar to easily share your availability for mentoring!
- Download the MentorCity app for easy access on the go!
- Access a wide range of resources such as tips for mentors and mentees, an e-book on mentoring, guidance on communications, and more!
We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to expand your network, learn from one another, and share the wealth of knowledge and experience you have to offer. Click here to get started!
If you need help along the way, please visit the Getting Started page, which contains instructions for setting up your profile, finding a mentor/mentee, and establishing a relationship. We also have a Frequently Asked Questions page for more in-depth information. And of course, don't hesitate to contact the ASBMR staff if you have any additional questions.