Become a Fellow
- Be a current Full Member or Emeritus Member of ASBMR.
- Been a Full Member of ASBMR for at least ten years (does not have to be continuous).
- Demonstrated significant contributions to the field.
- Published at least five articles in JBMR® and/or JBMR® Plus (Annual Meeting abstracts included).
Nominator Eligibility Requirements:
- Nominators may not be affiliated with the nominee’s current institution.
- Nominators must be a current ASBMR Full or Emeritus member.
Award Nomination Form
- One letter of support from nominator – letter should include:
- Description of the nature and extent of professional relationship with nominee.
- Areas in which the nominee has demonstrated significant contributions to the field of bone and mineral research.
- The nominee’s full Curriculum Vitae (CV) – CV should include:
- At least 5 JBMR/JBMR Plus publications (including ASBMR Annual Meeting abstracts).
- List of nominee’s service as an ASBMR volunteer or Society representative to another organization (e.g., Council or Committee Service; abstract, journal, grant or award reviewer; meeting speaker or moderator, Society representative to another organization, etc.).
The nominator is responsible for ensuring that all material is submitted by the deadline. Nominations received after the deadline or incomplete nominations will not be considered. The nomination cycle for 2021 is now closed.
Completed nominations will be considered by a review committee comprised of six members and chaired by a member of the Membership Engagement Committee (MEC). The recommended Fellows will be presented to the ASBMR Council at its summer meeting for approval. All Nominees will be contacted immediately following the ASBMR Summer Council Meeting.
How Fellows Are Honored:
- Selected Fellows will receive a pin and certificate and will be acknowledged at the Annual Meeting.
- Newly elected Fellows will be featured in the ASBMR e-News Weekly during the year the Fellow is elected.
- Fellows will be listed on the ASBMR website.
- Fellows will be invited to the President’s Dessert Reception at the Annual Meeting.
- Fellows may be invited to appear in ASBMR membership marketing efforts including videos and brochures.