The Betsy Love McClung Travel Grant was established in 2016 by the ASBMR Fund for Research and Education to honor the memory of Betsy Love McClung, RN, MN for her role in supporting the development of nurses and allied health professionals caring for patients with osteoporosis.
This year, the travel grant program will offer two grants of $1,500 USD to an ASBMR member or nonmember (International grant applicants are encouraged to apply), who have submitted a short grant application. The goal of the grant is to allow the award recipient to continue their professional development in the field of osteoporosis and is open to nurses, nursing students, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, technicians and therapists involved in the care of patients with metabolic bone diseases by providing travel funds to attend the ASBMR Annual Meeting.
Funds for the grant have been provided by contributions to the ASBMR Fund for Research and Education from individuals in memory of Betsy Love McClung.
- Amount of each grant: $1,500 (USD)
- Total number of grants: 2
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a nurse, student nurse, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, technician or therapist who takes care of patients with osteoporosis or other metabolic bone diseases.
- Be available to attend the ASBMR 2023 Annual Meeting in-person in Vancouver, BC, Canada, October 13-16, 2023.
- Complete a short application indicating why they should be selected and how they will benefit from attending the ASBMR Annual Meeting
Information for the travel grants to the Annual Meeting in Vancouver will be available in late spring/early summer of 2023.
Please contact the ASBMR business office with any questions – email@example.com, +1(202) 367-1161.