ASBMR Draft 2019-2022 Strategic Plan
Updated January 24, 2020
- Close the Treatment Gap in Osteoporosis
- Implement the Secondary Fracture Initiative Action Plan – Implement activities to close the treatment gap on the number of patients needing treatment. Advocate for policies that will aid in closing the gap.
- Disseminate Evidence on Effectiveness and Safety of Treatments – Monitor/engage media for opportunities to counter fears about treatment with scientific data and implement strategies to promote Task Force Reports advancing clinical care.
- Lead the Research Agenda in Musculoskeletal Science
- Promote Areas of Emerging Innovation - Identify and pursue innovative science in the bone and closely related fields, particularly in emerging areas (e.g., rare bone diseases and the intersection of skeleton and other organs). Seek opportunities to partner on innovative global initiatives and share them with membership.
- Standardize Research Tools – Build awareness and consensus in the field on the need for standardized research tools to enable members to implement new techniques. Work with partner organizations to develop standardized research tools.
- Raise Awareness and Use of New Data Technology – Implement programs and initiatives to educate members on the availability and use of datasets/discoveries that advance the field.
- Advocate for Research Funding – Empower members to communicate to their communities and elected representatives the importance of scientific research funding and its impact both at the local level and beyond.
- “One Global ASBMR Family”: Increase Membership Outreach, Engagement, and Benefits
- Expand Volunteer Outreach – Expand volunteer opportunities, recognition, and professional reward for all members.
- Enhance Member Offerings – Enhance member benefits and build awareness around improving the member experience, recognizing the unique needs of each member based on career stage and geography.
- Increase Global Awareness of ASBMR – Raise member awareness of the Society’s strategic priorities. Collaborate with international partners to develop joint programs/initiatives.
- Develop New Revenue Streams to Continue to Invest in The Future Of The Field
- Expand Corporate/Private/Foundation Support – Identify entities that have interests aligned with the mission and activities of the Society to cultivate for support.
- Grow the ASBMR Fund for Research and Education – Identify and prioritize programs and expand promotions to potential donors.
- Increase Non-Dues Revenue – Actively seek opportunities to innovate existing programs or create new ones that increase non-dues revenue.