December 2017: "Unpacking Mentorship: How to Find, Utilize, and Build Mentor Relationships in the Bone, Mineral and Musculoskeletal Community"
Dr. Jonathan Lowery (ASBMR Early Stage Investigator Subcommittee Co-Chair) and Diarra Williams (recipient of the 2017 ASBMR Diversity Travel Grant and a winner of the 2017 ASBMR Diversity Poster Competition) share their experiences on mentor and mentee relationships, covering a range of issues such as being a mentor and mentee, career challenges or transitions that mentorship has helped them face, and advice they would give to those looking to make the most out of a mentorship. Viewers of the webinar can expect to enhance their knowledge in these areas:
- Finding a mentor: How to choose a mentor that fits your needs
- Focus: How to choose discussion topics that lead to success
- Listening: How to be an active listener to get the most out of your mentee/mentor
- Expanding your network: How to build off of each relationship to move your career forward
- Technology: How to utilize various online platforms as a tool for mentorship
Click here to watch a recording of this webinar!