Women in Bone and Mineral Research Committee
This committee is charged with mentoring women in the Society with respect to career advancement, academic promotions, combining a career with family, etc.
- Identify future leaders of the Society and mentor them for positions on committees, speakers, moderators and session chairs at the ASBMR Annual Meeting, candidates for esteemed awards and leadership positions.
- Nominate women for committees, awards and leadership positions in the Society.
- Organize an informational/social function at the ASBMR Annual Meeting (if meeting schedule and budget permit).
- Develop and maintain a web page linked to the ASBMR website that serves as a resource for information related to women’s careers in biomedical science.
- Monitor the success of the committee by measuring the: a) participation of women in ASBMR symposia and committees, b) number of committee and leadership nominees, award recipients and speakers, c) use of the web page.
Lilian Plotkin, Ph.D., Co-Chairperson
Michelle McDonald, Ph.D., Co-Chairperson
Edith Bonnelye, Ph.D.
Sisi Cao, Ph.D.
Manju Chandran, M.D.
Erica Clinkenbeard, Ph.D.
Sarah Dallas, Ph.D.
Kyung-Hyun Park-Min, Ph.D.
Amna Khan, M.D.
Kelsey Mangano, Ph.D.
Amy Sato, Ph.D.
Natalie Wee, Ph.D.
Michaela Tencerova, Ph.D.
Greg Maciog, Staff Liaison
Alana Stewart, Staff Liaison