Welcome to the ASBMR Student Cohort Program. We are excited to offer this opportunity to undergraduate, graduate, and medical professional students involved in the bone, mineral, and musculoskeletal field. Below you will find a calendar of events for our educational programming that we are planning. These topics are subject to change and additional events might be identified throughout the year.
We encourage you to also connect with ASBMR on Twitter, as well as other members of your cohort. Please use the hashtags #ASBMR and #BoneSquad to connect with each other! We encourage you to begin discussions about what you hope to learn and watch for emails and communications from ASBMR about upcoming programming for our Student Cohort. Additionally you can right click the images below, save them to your computer, and use them on your social media channels to show your acceptance in the Student Cohort Program.
Right Click to Download
2021 Educational Programming
Each month, we'll host an educational event for the cohort. Below are the currently planned topics for the year, but these may be subject to change depending on additional information learned from the cohort group in our initial group survey.
- March 23 - Register Here - Introduction to ASBMR/ The Nuts and Bolts of Writing and Submitting Abstracts
- April - Identifying Mentors
- May - Grant Writing Basics for Specific Grants/Scholarships
- June - Tips and Tricks for Thesis Writing
- July - Interviewing Skills
- August - Preparing and Presenting Posters at Scientific Meetings
- September - How to Deliver an Effective Scientific Presentation
- October - Navigating the ASBMR Annual Meeting
- November - Reflections on the ASBMR Annual Meeting
- December - Career Goal Setting